|Personalized Birth Announcements: $1-$3 Per Printed Card||Newspaper Birth Announcements: $25-$50||Professional Newborn Photography: $75-$250|
New parents may choose to mail printed birth announcements to family and friends to announce the arrival of a new baby. Cards range from standard greeting cards with a handwritten note to personalized photo cards. A less formal way to announce the birth of a baby is to send a free e-card with the newborn's name, photo and measurements.
Related articles: Baby Books, Baby Proofing, Crib, Baby Registry, Baby Shower
- Personalized birth announcements typically cost $1-$3 per printed card. Walmart , for example, sells photo birth announcements in sets of 25 for $25, or $1 each. These are folded cards which include a photo and custom message on five lines, up to 30 characters per line. Hello Lucky has personalized birth announcements with no photo for $1.63-$3.30, depending on the order quantity. Novelty birth announcements typically cost $2-$5. For example, a footprint announcement costs $2 each and includes a stamp pad and blank cards on which to stamp the newborn's footprint and slide in a small photo.
- Newspaper birth announcements typically range from no cost for a basic announcement to $25 or $50 for a photo announcement with additional details. Baby Tidings gives more information on what is included in a newspaper birth announcement.
- Professional newborn photography typically costs $75-$250 for a one-hour session. This may or may not include the rights to prints and digital images, which can cost a few dollars for 4x6 prints up to hundreds of dollars for large wall prints. Tara Engle Photography in St. Paul, MN, offers packages starting at $150, which includes the photo session and an online gallery images for three months, with photo packages on top of the base price.
- Hospital newborn photography is often conducted by an outside company in the convenience of the delivery hospital, and typically costs $15-$75 or more for a brief photo session and a package of photo prints.
What should be included:|
- Birth announcements typically include the baby's full name, parent names, date of birth, and the baby's measurements (length and weight). A photo of the newborn may be printed on the card. Parents may insert a printed photo into non-photo cards.
- Most birth announcements come with envelopes, including postcard-style announcements.
- Photo announcements ordered online should include a review of the digital proof before the product is mailed. For instance, designers at Photo Affections work with the client to make requested text and photo edits and provide a digital proof within one to two business days before printing.
Shopping for birth announcements:
- Some companies will print the return address on all envelopes for a set fee. For instance, Leave the Light On Creations prints return address for a $5 flat fee per order.
- U.S. postage rates for 100 cards will cost the sender an additional $44, or more for oversize birth announcements requiring additional postage.
- It is common etiquette to send a birth announcement to close friends and family, including anyone who attended a baby shower, according to Noteworthy Notes . Announcements are typically sent within the first month of the baby's birth. Additional birth announcement etiquette is discussed at The Cradle.
- Inexpensive printed birth announcements are available at Snapfish , Vistaprint and Photo Affections for less than $1 per card.
- Fisher Price offers free birth announcement e-cards .
- Baby Birth Announcements gives advice for photographing newborns , including lighting, position and clothing tips.
| Material on this page is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice. For medical decisions, always consult your physician for the right course for your infant or child.
7 Tricks To Make Home Appliances Last Longer
Give your household equipment a little workout now and then, to make sure anything mechanical will perform well when needed. Periodic exercise can extend the usable life of many items. || Posted October 14 2013
5 Important Things to Know Before a Tornado Hits
This week the Midwest has been battered by tornados, which are one of the most violent and destructive type of storms nature has in its arsenal. || Posted November 19 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
More Babies & Children Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com